NCS Youth Engagement Coordinator
Our client, Inspire Suffolk, have an exciting opportunity for you to join one of Suffolk’s most energetic youth charities. Inspire Suffolk transforms the lives of the young people they work with through a range of education programmes and this year, we have great ambition to further develop and expand our National Citizenship Service Programme.
The role of the NCS Youth Engagement Coordinator will play a key part in this ambition and will focus on the planning, engagement, recruitment and successful delivery of both our Summer and Autumn
The NCS Youth Engagement Coordinator will play a leading role within Inspire Suffolk’s NCS Team and will be ultimately responsible for recruitment, engagement and retention to ensure that all KPI’s are achieved on a monthly basis.
- Actively be responsible for exciting and persuading young people to sign up to NCS through presentations in assemblies, PSHE classes, follow up phone calls and virtual alternatives
- Build and foster long standing relationships with a wide range of audiences, including young people, teachers, parents, referral partners and stakeholders.
- Assist young people and their parents/guardians throughout the sign up process from initial expression of interest, taking payment, joining keep warm events and turning up on day 1 of the programme.
- Retention of young people after sign up through arranging fun and informative keep warm events, information evenings and regular and ongoing communication prior to each programme start date
- Responsible for lead generation and conversion – increasing the number of people signing up to NCS
- Proactively identify new opportunities to recruit new schools and new groups of young people
- Administrative duties to support sales and sign up processes.
2. Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain records for all young people as per contractual requirements
- Maintain records for all contacts within schools to ensure accurate information is updated as per contractual requirements.
- Ensure contractual targets are achieved for engagement, recruitment, sign up, turn up, and programme completion.
3. Compliance and Administration
- Ensure that all data is handled appropriately as set out in the policy guidelines
- Ensure that all data is kept secure and confidential at all times
- Ensure that all documentation complies with charity/NCS Trust requirements.
- Ensure all contact and engagement school data is kept up to date.
4. Key skills
- Good influencing and motivational skills with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- The ability to plan effectively and prioritise conflicting demands and be able to work under pressure and to targets.
- A passion for, and understanding of, building better communities and commitment to the aims of NCS
- Demonstrate drive and energy, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to coach and motivate teams.
- Strong communication, presentation and IT skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Keep up to date with the developments on the NCS trust and programme and processes through regular contact with the NCS partner forums
- NCS: 2 years (Preferred)
- Working with Young People: 2 years (Essential)
- Experience of using Sales Force Next Generation CRM (Preferred)
When you apply we will forward an application form to you. Please complete the application form with a detailed covering letter highlighting the experience and qualities you believe you can bring to our charity.
Closing Date for applications is 0900 hours 23/03/21 with interviews 25/26th March
Application deadline: 23/03/2021